Monday, April 16, 2007

Kason's Arrival

Kason Alexander Haban was born Sunday February 11, 2007 at 2:37 a.m. - I had to be induced because I was a week overdue. I was induced with Pitocin at 11:30 a.m. Saturday the 10th ... ya I was in labor for 15 hours! It was looooong. I couldn't eat anything either so I was starving! I asked for narcotic drugs but they really do absolutely nothing. Then at 7 cm I asked for an epidural - it didn't work. By the time we realized that it didn't work I was 10 cm and ready to push (well, I wasn't ready but it was time to push) ... I pushed for 50 minutes before little Kason was born! Everything went perfect. He was a healthy little boy weighing in at 7 lbs. 10 oz. and measuring 19 1/2 inches long. It was so amazing. Even though it was painful, I would do it again in a heartbeat because it was such an amazing feeling. It was instant love. The first time I held him was amazing. He just looked in my eyes and I fell in love.

Here he is just minutes old! SO alert!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment