Friday, January 2, 2009

Ring in 2009!

Things have been so crazy for us lately but, we are finally official Sierra Vista residents.
We moved most of our stuff down on December 27th and did a final truck load on the 29th.
I miss Thatcher a ton and I'm having a really hard time adjusting to everything here but, I'm sure it will get better with time.

I had an interview for a Family Educator job with the Blake Foundation. I'm kind of excited about it. I don't really want to work but, I'm grateful that I have my education that I can use for instances like this. We are still waiting to hear on a couple interviews for Kameron.

We'll see what happens!!

I am SO excited for this new year. I will be honest and say I hated 2008. We were VERY VERY blessed but, it was not a fun year at all. So, I'm hoping that 2009 is going to be a little brighter for us!

I'm usually not one to make resolutions but, I feel like I need some changes for myself and our family. We're really starting over this year - new year, new town, new resolutions. We'll see how it all goes.

This year I want to:
- Be healthier; go on regular bike rides & walks, eat less junk food.
- Focus on my Spirituality; read my scriptures daily, study the Sunday lessons, focus on the feeling in our home.
- Grow closer as a family; have FHE each week, do a fun activity as a family once a week, continue family prayers and scripture reading, maybe add another munchkin (I said MAYBE!).
- Become financially secure; get out of debt!
- Be prepared; really work on our food storage and 72-hour kits!
- Advance my education; start working on my Bachelor's Degree.
Seems easy enough right?

We'll see how this year goes.

Hopefully soon I can find time and energy to post about what we've been up to.
Until then, Happy 2009!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Best of luck to you guys in SV! I know you may not be crazy about it now but I'm willing to bet that the new place will grow on you just like Thatcher did. You have some ambitious goals and I wish you all of God's blessings as you work hard to make them happen!

Susan said...

That's a lofty but very admirable list! Good luck on your interview! If you get the job, you'll have to explain what exactly a Family Educator does!

Unknown said...

I noticed your blog while searching for food storage information. Great preparedness goals! A great resource that might help you work on these goals is www.shelfreliance.com The have lots of information as well as products to help you get prepared. If you use the code save15 you can save 15% at checkout!

Post a Comment