Monday, January 31, 2011

Proud Moments ...

Yesterday, Kason got to do the "theme" in Primary (I still can't believe I have a Sunbeam!) so, I stuck around to watch him do that. It was super cute to watch him stand at the podium and repeat the theme. He did a great job! 

Before Primary started though, I had the Primary President come up to me and told me, "Kason's teacher is so impressed with him. She said that as they talk about things, Joseph Smith, Nephi, the Prophets ... it's not new to Kason. He knows all the answers and all the stories. She's just very impressed with how smart of a boy he is. So, good job, Mom!"

As a single mom, most of the time not knowing what I'm doing, I almost stood in the Primary Room and cried! I was so proud of my little man and that he can impress the teachers. He really is a smart little boy but, it makes me proud, as his mom, to have other people tell me that.

Aside from church stuff the kid is always impressing me ... He knows all of his numbers and letters and can write his name. And the other day we were walking up to the grocery store and he sounded out "food" on the side of the building. I kind of looked at him in shock but, still very impressed that the kid just read 'food'!

He's a stud and such a good kid ... I'm pretty much lucky to be his mom! (Even on the days that I'm ready for bed at 5:30!!)

2 comments:

~*Jen*~ said...

You are doing a fabulous job Jami! You and I both know it's great to hear that you're doing a good job, especially on the days when you don't feel like that's the case! Can't believe how much of a little smartie Kason has become! :D

Mary Anne said...

Awww what a good boy! And what a good mom he has :) Just keep doing what you're doing! It's always nice to hear other people say you're efforts are worth something.

Post a Comment