Monday, February 4, 2008

Photobucket
Thomas S. Monson
is the new president of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,
it was announced today at a news conference in the Church Office Building. President Monson, 80, succeeds President Gordon B. Hinckley, who died 27 January.

The new world leader of the Church has called to serve with him in the First Presidency, the top governing body of the 13-million-member faith,
Photobucket
President Henry B. Eyring (74)
first counselor
Photobucket
and President Dieter F. Uchtdorf (67)
second counselor.


Photobucket
President Boyd K. Packer (83)
is the new president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

I was thinking about this on Sunday as I was hoping to bear my testimony in sacramen, but an obnoxious almost-one-year-old prevented it ...

This church is the true gospel upon this earth. It doesn't matter who is leading it. President Monson is going to be an amazing Prophet for this church. I am so excited to see what this presidency does for us.
President Hinckley was such an amazing example to me and taught me so much during his time as Prophet & I am grateful for that.
But, most importantly, I am grateful that I know that my family belongs to the true church upon this earth. I sustain the new presidency of the church and look forward to their service.

1 comment:

Maranda Whittle said...

Looks like a pretty good presidency!

Post a Comment