Monday, March 3, 2008

I guess it's time that I should update everyone on what has been going on in our family.

Several months ago Kameron started having joint pains and being really exhausted all the time. We thought it was just his job, since it can be very physically demanding. But, when different symptoms kept appearing, we decided it was something more.

After numerous blood tests, ultrasounds, CT scans, and doctor's visits, we had a diagnosis. Kameron was diagnosed with Lupus. I honestly don't know very much about it, even after everything the doctor's have told me. All I know is he is in a lot of pain all of the time.

On top of his Lupus, he has gall stones and a mass on his liver. The gall stones give him so much pain.This past weekend was the worst I'd seen him. He could barely get out of bed he was in so much pain. He couldn't eat or drink anything and if he did manage that, he would just throw it up later.

So, this morning I told him he either needed to go to the ER or just go see our family doctor. He chose the later. Luckily they were able to get him in within the hour. He went to the doctor at 8:50 and called me at 9:10 and said they were admitting him to the hospital.

Kameron is at the hospital. I am at home. I can't take Kason into the hospital because of RSV and flu risk. They are doing emergency surgery to take his gall bladder out. At that time they will do a biopsy on his liver. Kameron's parents are heading up here. And then I can go to the hospital to be with Kameron. The Bishop and the Elder's Quorum President are headed to the hospital to give him a blessing.

It has all been such a rollarcoaster of emotions. Sorry if nothing makes sense, I just thought I should get it out so everyone knows. Plus, it feels better to be able to write it. Kind of theraputic. I'll keep everyone updated with how the surgery goes.

I am grateful for our ward. All I had to do was call the bishops wife and I have offers for meals, babysitters, blessings and just the simple words of "I love you, everything will be okay." I am so grateful to live in such a wonderful ward.

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

I wish I was there to help! I will keep you guys in my prayers!

Janiel said...

anytime you need a babysitter, i'm up for it. i'm sure our kids would get along great! dont hesitate...we will be thinking of you.

Candace said...

Oh Jami!! What a stressful time for you guys!! We will keep you in our prayers.

Holly Steffen said...

i love you jami!!

message me if you need to vent.
i'd totally take k-man if i was closer.

i'm praying for him!

Maranda Whittle said...

I'm available also if you ever need a babysitter. You guys will be in our prayers.

Sarah Pace said...

Jamie, I am so sorry to hear about all that is going on. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. We'll be praying for you!

Heidi Joncas said...

Oh man! We will keep you both in our prayers.

Brie said...

Oh Jami, I am so sorry to hear about Kameron. I know this must be a difficult time for your little family. We will be praying for you and for Kameron as he is going thru surgery. I know there isn't much I can do from so far away but if you need someone to talk to just give me a call!

The Maes Pack said...

You all are in our thoughts and prayers...
Love you guys,
Todd & Aiko (Kam's Cousin)

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

Jami, I'm so sorry to hear about this. You guys are in my thoughts and my prayers. When I tell my family, you guys will be in their prayers too, because they love Kameron! Keep me updated.

Love you guys,
Erin (Williams)

Kirsten said...

Hi, I went to high school with Kameron. I'm Mary Anne's sister so I found your blog from hers. Let him know we're praying for him!
~Kirsten (Kovacs) Barton

Kmelanese said...

I hope everything went okay!! I had to get my gallblatter out and it hurt so bad! I can't imagine what Kameron is going through with lupus on top of that! I hope you are all doing well and will keep you in my prayers!!

Post a Comment