Friday, August 29, 2008

This post is a little past due but, I feel like it's something that I need to post about.

I'm sure many of you know about NieNie and what has happened to her and her husband and the trial that is being indured by her family. If not, please take 2 minutes to watch this video: here.

You can also browse c jane's blog for regular updates.

When I saw this on the news when it happened I was shocked. I also took solice in the fact that this family is LDS and they will have the faith and understanding they need to make it through this. I was curious to know more about the family, since they were from Mesa. I looked up online about Stephanie and came across her blog,

NieNie

What an amazing woman. I do not know her personally and I have only been a reader of her blog for a week or so, but she truly inspires me to be a better person. It is amazing how just reading about someones life can really change you.

Her outlook on life is so positive and she really has a love for others. She lives each day in the moment, because life is too short to worry about the little things. Her friends and family love her and have so many positive things to say about her. She has a radiance about her that makes me wonder what I need to do to have that too. And what her family is having to deal with now, makes the trials that me and Kameron are facing seem like nothing. Her family is facing this trial with more faith and optimism than I'm afriad I have shown in a long time - kinda puts my attitude in check.

If you can - donate HERE


And check out the NieRecovery website here:

(by clicking on the 'about nie' tab it will give you a quick overview of what happened to Stephanie and her husband, Christian)


And, since I know that all of you know how ... pray.


Pray that their children will be okay through all of this.
Pray that they will pull through.
Pray for their parents, siblings, aunts, & uncles.
Pray for their doctors.

I know, just as well as any of you, that one of the most amazing gifts we have is the power of prayer.

And lastly, count your blessings. I know I am.

2 comments:

Maranda Whittle said...

Yes, this is very sad. A lot of my friends knew them and my sister went to high school with Christian.

Brittany, Kris, Kaylee, and Maizy said...

Well, I don't know the family either but it happened in St. Johns... right in front of my in-laws house. My father in law saw Christian running from the plane on fire and grabbed a blanket to see what he could do to help. I think he's having a hard time with it, even though he doens't personally know them. It's really sad! It definitely made me take a step back and think about how quickly life can change.

Post a Comment