Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Big Move

The weekend that we moved was so hectic ... as moving always is.
But, we wake up Friday morning (12/26) to rainy, cold, windy weather ... it was miserable!!

Then, we go to pick up the U-Haul and it was TEENY. I knew that all our stuff would never fit in there. So, we loaded up some stuff on Friday and finished packing up the house. Then, Friday night it starts SNOWING! When we woke up Saturday morning there was a light coating of snow on the ground and ice all over our patio.

Some guys from the ward came over at 9 to help move all the big stuff and they were having to pour hot water all over the patio to melt the ice. It was horrible. The Warrens took Kason for us so we could actually get stuff done (thanks again guys, you were lifesavers!!!). And we just packed and loaded all day. After the U-Haul was packed to the MAX, we still had one whole room filled with stuff that we couldn't fit. So, the following Monday we loaded up my dad's truck, a trailer and my brother's truck and finally got all of our stuff here to Sierra Vista!!!
I guess we just have too much stuff!! But, we made to Sierra Vista with all of our stuff, so we're grateful for that. I miss having my things and I hate digging through random boxes trying to find what I need but, hopefully the months that we're here will go quickly so I can have my own house and all of my stuff back!!

Here are some pictures from the move and the snow...
Kason playing and dancing in the U-Haul.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Snow, in Thatcher!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you SO much to everyone who helped in anyway with our move, especially my mom who came down and help and my dad and brothers who let us use their trucks. I can't wait until I get to the day where I KNOW I will never move again!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Jami, I think that was my least favorite part. All the packing and loading was a lot of work, but it was SO frustrating knowing you had things, but not being able to find them. We still go through that every once in a while. I just found our iron in with a box labeled "food storage..."

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

I can't wait for that day either, sweetheart ;) Moving is my least favorite thing to do! We got a medium size truck and we barely fit all our stuff in it...the websites lie!

Post a Comment