In about 2 hours (at exactly 2:37am) my little Kason will be three years old.
This is a hard post for me to write ... I have a lot of emotions right now so please bear with me as I blubber along.
First, I cannot believe my little booger is three. The past three years have gone so incredibly fast. It makes me wish I had cherished some things more and not rushed through others. He is such a smart little boy and has a very quick wit and I've loved watching that develop over the past little bit. He is incredibly active and I wonder where it all comes from in his little body. He looks like he's about 18 months old because of his size. I always laugh when people hear him talk and then ask me how old he is. When I tell them he's almost 3 they reply with, "wow, he's so tiny but he talks so well and so clear!" and he really is tiny ... he still wears 18 month pants. I love it. He talks very well for his age and that's so nice for me ... it makes things a lot less stressful. He is my number one little man and I'm so grateful for him. I'm just sad that he's growing up so fast.
Second, I can't help but notice the absence of his daddy here this year. I have been dreading this day all month and I'm going to be so glad to have it over with just because Kameron isn't here. I know Kason won't realize or notice that Kameron isn't here but, I will. Kameron always knew how to make birthday's special for me and for Kason. It's been hard trying to think of something I could do that would be easy without Kameron here. And I realized nothing will be easy about this first birthday without Kameron. But, I have friends who are going to make it amazing and I'm grateful for them.
Third, it's hard not having my mom and dad here. They have always been at Kason's birthday's. And it makes me homesick for them. They are such amazing grandparents to Kason and he loves them so much. I wish I had Star Trek powers and could beam them here so they could be here for his birthday.
Anyways ... enough with my sob stories and bawling. I really am so blessed to have Kason in my life. He is seriously my rock. Yes, he drives me crazy and has too much energy for me sometimes. But, I feel so blessed to have him in my life! He is an amazing little Spirit and he brightens my life.
Things I love about him:
- when he comes up and hugs me and tells me loves me or tells me I'm the best mommy ever. I cry every time he does this
- how he loves to sing and is dang good at it too
- his love for baseball and the Diamondbacks - just like me and his daddy!
-how much he loves temples & Jesus
- his love for life, he's always so excited about the little things
- how smart he is ... he is always amazing me with what he knows and what he figures out
- his wit ... seriously, this kid can think of things to say in a heartbeat
- his ability to make friends ... he's such a social little guy
- his fashion sense ... he picks out some awesome outfits sometimes and is always asking me if things match before he picks them out. love it!
- his independence
- how he can sing to pretty much every song on the Glee Soundtrack
- how he comes in every morning and says, "good morning mom! it's time to wake up!"
- his laugh ... Kason's laugh is contagious
- he is seriously the cutest sleeping kid ... I love watching him sleep
- how he loves such boy things; dinosaurs, trucks/cars, sports, bugs ... all that fun stuff
- how he gets on movie kicks where he'll watch the same movie over and over until he has it memorized
- how he quotes movies. it makes me laugh every time he quotes something.
- his memory ... he has an amazing memory and is always talking about things we did months ago
- pretty much everything except for his stubborness and attitude and even then, those things can be cute from time to time.
I am grateful for my little man. He is perfect for me and teaches me so much.
Happy 3rd Birthday, Little Buddy.
Mommy & Daddy Love you SO much!!!