Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ramblings ...

Life is good.

It really is. I am incredibly happy and have found so much joy in my new life.

Kason has been awesome lately. Just a really amazing kid. There was one day earlier this week where I was dead to the world sick. I honestly laid on the couch all day and slept. Kason totally took care of himself. He found food to eat, got juice/milk for himself, got dressed for the day, entertained himself, and picked up his toys when he was done, all the while checking on me and seeing if I needed anything. It was awesome. He's little Mr. Independent and so sweet. I am getting excited for him to start preschool - he is going to love it. He is so good at making friends that it will be fun to see him in that setting.

I am doing good. Trying to prioritize my life and realize what really is important.

I am thinking about changing my major. I was doing Elementary Education but the more and more I got into that major - I realized how demanding of a course it really is and how demanding and stressful of a career it is. Working 90 hours a week and only getting paid for 30 (ok ... maybe that's exaggerating) but still! I just honestly don't know if I'm cut out for that. SO ... I have really been enjoying my Health Education class and I've been looking at the Community Health Education major and I am really intrigued by it. I need to meet with the adviser and figure things out for that major. I got excited today when I checked online and realized I'm a Junior in college because of how many credits I have ... that's cool.

I've also been looking in to working for a company called CIEE. They place foreign exchange students with host families. The pay is good and the perks are exciting (free trips!) - the work is all done on my time. There are things that can make it stressful at times but, I am thinking it would be a good way to really build my savings and have that added cushion that I want. School is getting expensive since I'm still considered out-of-state. Anyways ... I met with the Regional Director tonight and got to talk about it. It's a good opportunity - just not something I know if I can handle with everything else going on. I don't want to overfill my plate and not be able to give 100% to everything.

I was given another calling at church. So, now I'm on the Activities Committee AND the Relief Society Activity Committee. It's fun but, BUSY. Especially when an activity for both things falls in the same month. Things always get done but, it can get stressful for a bit!

I can't believe it's almost April - it seems like I was just dreading February and now we're getting ready to start April. Weird. Time goes so fast lately. I am slowly inching towards my 25th birthday and I am dreading it. I don't want to get older. Maybe part of it is really the fact that I don't want to spend it alone. Once May hits it's going to be a hard few months; my birthday (may), our anniversary (june), Kam's birthday (july), and the one year mark (august). WOW ... can you believe I'm on THAT end of the year? weird.

Anyways ... we really are doing well. People ask how I really am doing and I can honestly say I am incredibly happy and filled with joy. It's a true joy that I have learned is not always an easy thing to have. I still have my days where things are difficult and anything can trigger the rough times but, for the most part ... 
Life is good.

1 comment:

BJAT said...

I don't know if anyone has told you about the waiver for school tuition. There is a program where those in AZ, NM, UT and maybe CO will do an exchange for tuition. You cannot gain residency while in the program but you only pay in state tuition plus half. If that makes sense. It is called the WUI waiver I believe. Someone should know about it at the school.

Post a Comment