Monday, June 15, 2009

California Part V: Mission Beach

Monday morning (after sleeping in!!!!) we went to IHOP for breakfast. Everytime we would go to California growing up, it seems like we would eat at an IHOP. So, I told Kameron we needed to carry on the tradition. It was yummy! Then we headed towards the water and found Mission Beach!

I was SO excited to take Kason to the beach, to see how he would react. He wasn't too sure at first and I thought he was going to stick with building (and smashing) sand castles. But, after a little while, he warmed up to the idea and he would run from the waves with me. We didn't get to stay too long because we had to check out of our hotel but, it was so fun to be at the beach. I love the beach and it was fun to see Kason have lots of fun too. The water was FREEZING though - I didn't get in past my hips. And Kameron barely put his toes in - it was too cold for him! He just sat on the beach and rested.

This is a MAJOR picture overload!! I apologize! :D


Photobucket


(please excuse my AWFUL sunburn ... that's what happens when you forget about the sunscreen on a beautiful 70 degree day at Six Flags)
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

"get ready, here come the waves!"
Photobucket

"no way mom!"
Photobucket

"I am outta here!"
Photobucket

" I would much rather play in the sand!"
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Thinking about testing the water out again ...
Photobucket


Photobucket


my little Baywatch boy, running back from giving his seashells to Dad.
Photobucket


"KASON"
Photobucket

Photobucket

Proof that Kameron really was there:
Photobucket


Photobucket


Bye, beach! :o(
Photobucket


I was sad to leave the beach, especially because we were having so much fun!

********

Part VI: San Diego Temple

2 comments:

Kara said...

Wow, your whole trip sounds so awesome and the pics are all amazing! Mission beach is beautiful!
Oh, and that looks like a pretty wicked burn you got...ouch!

Holly Steffen said...

that is the WORST sunburn i have ever seen. no joke. i hope its a LOT better by now.

i love the pic where kason is walking over his name!! <3

Post a Comment